Saturday 17 June 2017

What a waste

I walked a dog in Barking, stroked a kitten in Catford,
crept through the dark Olympic park in Stratford.
I met Mary in Maryland for a march in mid-March.
Leighton from Leyton joined at Marble Arch.

Feeling old on a cold day I listened to Coldplay,
while dreaming of summer, Donna Summer, Haddaway.
In-yer-face Ace of Base, the pounding of relentless feet
dancing to that Cookie song and Mr Vain by Culture Beat.

I googled google on Google as boredom struck.
No luck on Wikipedia so on to social media, stalking
friends, sorting features, emails from female teachers
advising me to mute; let writing do the talking.

On a commute and on my computer I noticed my tutor.
He greeted me warmly but then looked perplexed.
A glance at the screen, he was somewhat mean,
demanding understanding of content and context.

What is this? An absurd waste of the written word.
Just bin it, this half-a-minute will never return.
You won't earn by insulting structure and stanza
so please learn from this tight-fit bullshit extravaganza.

You need either a good intro or outro, preferably both.
This has neither.



No comments:

Post a Comment

London is a dancefloor

Village life is beautiful, the locals smile and say hello, regardless of whether they know your name or what it is you do. London seems ...