Tuesday 1 May 2018

The First of May

Welcome all to the First of May,
I need a brew because it’s another brrrr day.

But I’ve had three cuppas, it’s only midday
and the nearest toilet is miles away.

The sun is trying but the cold wind hinders
any warmth as it blows on all cylinders.

I should be embracing the joys of spring
but my hands are numb, I can’t feel a thing.

I long for home and a powerful heater,
to sip some soup and eat a fajita

but instead I’m a sniffling shivering wreck,
with a Rudolph nose and a pimpled neck.

I expected a breeze, not a full-blown freeze,
a week ago it was 20 degrees.

I shouldn’t need a coat, a hat and scarf.
The First of May? You’re having a laugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

London is a dancefloor

Village life is beautiful, the locals smile and say hello, regardless of whether they know your name or what it is you do. London seems ...