Sunday 1 December 2019

Nice title, shame about the poem

Handwritten on a tea-stained page,
nothing worked at any stage.
Every angle was explored,
from wacky to tacky, rant to raised eyebrow,
ponderous, with a senseless stream of consciousness.
A series of haikus left me suppressed
so I tried modern free verse instead. here
Let's place a random word over

with

peculiar

gaps

to make it unclear.
That just made it worse,
even though I liked it at first
as some would take it seriously;
but pretentious bollocks is not for me.
If I had a studio this would be torn
to shreds and scattered on the cutting room floor.
But I don't so it won't be.










No comments:

Post a Comment

London is a dancefloor

Village life is beautiful, the locals smile and say hello, regardless of whether they know your name or what it is you do. London seems ...